“College is the body and library is the soul of it, which moulds the future of the student”
Library and Information center, SVCP is one of the best Pharmacy college libraries in the state. Started its function with a vision to serve the information needs of its users and it mainly holds books related to Pharmacy and allied subjects. Shri Vishnu College of Pharmacy established its library in the year 1997, with an area of 470.51 Sq.m. It is air conditioned. The library collection is about 13742 Volumes and 3237 titles. The library’s a rich collection contains Abstracts, Yearbooks, Textbooks, Theses, and Dissertations, Encyclopedias and General Books and novels. The library is also subscribing for 32 National journals, 22 International Journals , Back Volumes 945 (hard Copies) and 27 General Magazines.
The Digital Library is equipped with 30 computers with high speed Internet facility bandwidth of 80 mbps. Wi-Fi facility has been provided for Laptop users. The library has subscribed full text online databases, e-Journals and e-Books like DELNET, KNIMBUS, N- LIST comprising more than 16000 e- journals and more than 29000 e-Books, CiniRex and Drugdex Database (Micromedex). We are having iThenticate Plagiarism Checker (Turnitin) and GraphPad Prism Statistical software. Our college library is a member of NDLI CLUB. The Library functions like Acquisition, Circulation control, Cataloguing and Serials Control, OPAC facility have been automated using integrated software.
- The entire Library area is under Closed Circuit Camera surveillance
- Well established Digital Library with 30 computers
- Membership of e-Journals and e-Books like –DELNET, KNIMBUS, N-LIST (>16000 e-journals and >29000 e-books)
- Having membership of NDLI-CLUB
- Subscribing online Databases like Drugdex (Micromedex) and CliniRex.
- Subscribing iThenticate Plagiarism Checker (Turnitin) and GraphPad Prism Statistical software.
- Having a collection of more than 13700 Volumes and 3200 titles.
- Library Journals – back Volumes 945 (Hard Bound) , 32 National Journals 22 International Journals and 27 Magazines.
- Having a collection of 18 Ph D theses, 867 M.Pharm dissertations, 162 B.Pharm dissertation and 89 Pharm D dissertations.