“College is the body and library is the soul of it, which moulds the future of the student”
Library and Information centre, SVCP is one of the best Pharmacy college libraries in the state. Started its function with a vision to serve the information needs of its users and it mainly holds books related to Pharmacy and allied subjects. Shri Vishnu College of Pharmacy established its library in the year 1997, with an area of 398.45 Sq.m. It is air conditioned. The library collection is about 12830 Volumes and 2861 titles. The library’s a rich collection contains Abstracts, Yearbooks, Textbooks, Theses, and Dissertations, Encyclopedias and General Books and novels. The library is also subscribing for 39 National journals, 20 International Journals and 44 General Magazines.
The Digital Library is equipped with 40 computers with high speed Internet facility bandwidth of 20 mbps. Wi-Fi facility has been provided for Laptop users. The library has subscribed full text online databases like, EBSCO Pharmacy collection, DELNET, Inventi journals comprising more than 700 e- journals, CiniRex and Drugdex Database (Micromedex). The Library functions like Acquisition, Circulation control, Cataloguing and Serials Control, OPAC facility have been automated using integrated software.
- The entire Library area is under Closed Circuit Camera surveillance
- Well established Digital Library with 40 computers
- Subscribing E-Journals –EBSCO Pharmacy collection (650 e-journals ) and DELNET (161 e-journals )
- Subscribing online Databases like Drugdex (Micromedex) and CliniRex.
- Having a collection of more than 12500 Volumes and nearly 2900 titles.